Thursday, May 1, 2008

Green Cleaning

As many of you know, we have lung issues in our family.  Olivia has horrible asthma and Brad has sarcoidosis.   Our Pulmonologist gave me a list of suggestions that should improve our environment and possibly decrease health problems.  It was a list a mile long, and I was totally overwhelmed.  I had to change everything to all natural, "green" products.  So, I started doing my research.  After searching online and reading a few books, I am totally converted to going green all of the way.  It has been so fun, and SO EASY.  If any of you have things you do in your home or ideas for cleaning, etc.  please let me know.  I would LOVE knew ideas.  I am still looking for an all natural, inexpensive dishwasher detergent.  Any suggestions?

My favorite book.  You can clean your whole house with baking soda, vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
I love these cleaning products.
Method has some great products. I have not tried everything, but so far I love the foam hand soap, dish soap, cleaning wipes.  What do you think?
I joined "Green Moms" online.   You get a ton of good ideas.  I would highly recommend it if you are interested.