Saturday, October 13, 2007

1/2 Marathon


Okay, many of you know that I have been training for a half marathon. My training started 12 weeks ago! I was so nervous as the race was approaching because I caught a cold and it was not going away, it was getting worse. So, the last week I have totally been off my training schedule. My last long run was last Saturday and it went well, but I was sick the next day. So, yesterday I decided no matter what, even if I am sick, I am running this thing! Well, I drank a gallon of water throughout the day and ate a ton of carbs. I could not sleep last night because I kept checking the clock, thinking I would not wake up in time. Well, at about 4 a.m. I started hearing the rain, hail and major gusts of wind. I kept waiting for the storm to pass and it just became stronger. My running partners picked me up at 6:30 a.m. and as we arrived at the half marathon, everyone started their preparations as though we were actually going to run. But, as the lightning crashed down along with the hail, we soon realized that it was not going to happen! So disappointing!! I am hoping I can make arrangements to run next week in the Kansas City Marathon. I'll keep you posted.