Friday, November 12, 2010

Butterfly Pavilion

The Butterfly Pavilion is one of our favorite stops.
It is a lush tropical conservatory with over 1200 butterflies from rainforests all over the world.
It is so much fun, my girls absolutely love to explore and hunt for butterflies. The butterflies are so beautiful and fly right into your space, even land on you. It is quite an experience!
Outside of the conservatory, there are exhibit halls with all sorts of creepy crawlers.
And I mean C R E E P Y!
This month the featured guests are the Arachnids.
The star of the show... the TARANTULA.
Spiders make me nervous, very nervous. Especially big hairy ones!
My girls did not inherit my scare of spiders, they were totally enthralled. :)
Addison holding "Rosie the Tarantula"
She loved it and went back 4 times.
Brave girl.
Ella stuck in a spider's web.
Olivia- a very spooky tarantula.
YIKES! She is hilarious.