Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hammond's Candy Factory

We took a trip to a local candy factory.  On our way, as I listened the kid's excitement, it was clear to me that they were anticipating a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" experience.  In fact, Olivia said, "Mom, if they ask me to eat grape gum, I will say no because I don't want to blow up into a big grape."  Cute.  
It was so much fun to see all of the candy, how it is made and try a few flavors.  It really was fascinating.  When we arrived at home, Addison asked if she could make some candy (pink suckers).  So, we gave it a try.  It was our first attempt at making candy and probably our last. :) It was a messy, sticky process. But, in the end she was very proud of herself.   

Kenna, Addison, Addyson & Olivia
waiting for the tour to begin.
Exploring candy heaven.

Addie's pink suckers